M S Ramaiah Institute of Technology (MSRIT) was started in 1962 by Late Dr. M S Ramaiah, our Founder Chairman who was a renowned visionary, philanthropist, and a pioneer in creating several landmark infrastructure projects in India. Noticing the shortage of talented engineering professionals required to build a modern India, Dr. M S Ramaiah envisioned MSRIT as an institute of excellence imparting quality and affordable education.
Part of Gokula Education Foundation, MSRIT has grown over the years with significant contributions from various professionals in different capacities, ably led by Dr. M S Ramaiah himself, whose personal commitment has seen the institution through its formative years. Today, MSRIT stands tall as one of India’s finest names in Engineering Education and has produced around 35,000 engineering professionals who occupy responsible positions across the globe.
Ramaiah Institute of Technology (RIT), formerly M.S. Ramaiah Institute of Technology (MSRIT) is associate degree autonomous private engineering college settled in urban center, Karnataka and is attached to the Visvesvaraya Technological University headquartered at Belgaum, Karnataka, India. The college was established in 1962. Since August 2OO7, RIT has been academically autonomous for both undergraduate and Postgraduate Programs. Whereas VTU can still award the degrees, the faculty has academic freedom in framing its own schemes of study, curricula and student analysis. RIT offers undergraduate and graduate courses of study and research as well as Bachelor of Engineering, Bachelor of design, Master of Technology, Master of Business Administration and offers programs resulting in the award of Doctor of Philosophy in varied disciplines. RIT is additionally a groundwork centre in twelve areas including engineering and management disciplines. RIT is that the only engineering school in bangalore that’s autonomous for each undergraduate and postgraduate courses.
The institute has tutorial alliances with Intel, IBM, Schneider electrical, JSW Steel Ltd, cognizant EMC, Nokia and alternative multinationals. It conjointly partnered ISRO in 2O1O to build the StudSat nanosatellite and RIT was chosen in 2O12 to affix the association of colleges that would assist ISRO in thereunto StudSat-2. The institute is additionally attributable for the development of India’s initial remote-controlled air vehicle (UAV) with associate degree autopilot system.
Why Join MS Ramaiah Institute of Technology (MSRIT)
- Ranked 1st among ‘Private Engineering College across Karnataka’ and 15th among ‘Engineering Colleges across India’ by India Today Nielsen Survey 2015
- Offers institutional and Government scholarship for meritorious and deserving students
- Autonomous institute
- Course affiliated to Visvesvaraya Technological University and approved by AICTE
- Grade ‘A’ accreditation by NAAC
- ISO 9001:2008 certified institute
- Faculty student ratio is 1:15
- Follows National Programme on Technology Enhanced Learning (NPTEL) courseware
- Collaboration with foreign universities, IT companies and institutes for training, research, placement etc.
- VTU and nvidia CUDA recognized research centre
- VGST Centre of Excellence recognized by Government of Karnataka